what are some difficulties working with children

Asked Irving, Texas

is there anything i need to know about the difficulties working with kids #teaching #child-care

Daniela’s Answer

Updated State of Goiás, State of Goiás, Brazil

Hi Kaela,

Children can be fun and stressful all at the same time.

Working with children can be pretty hectic at times, but it can also be a great learning experience. Kids know how to create something out of nothing and they know how to have fun with little going on! Everyone was once a child and remembers how it felt to be free without the adulthood stress. Here are a few pros and cons I deal with while working with children.

Cons:

Parents can be a bit paranoid.

Children can be unpredictable and unsafe, so you never know what they will do next. Numerous things can happen with children in your presence. Situations beyond your control might anger parents. This can put people on edge.

Children who aren't forced to listen at home won't listen to you

There are always those parents who let their children talk to them as if they were the actual kid. If the parents can't force their own child to listen most likely you won't be able to get them to cooperate at work.

More likely to get sick.

Children are germy, especially the younger ones. I know since I have worked with children I have gotten sick more times than usual.

Discipline is limited due to school or program rules.

I'm not saying that physical discipline is always the best way to go, but sometimes there are kids who need a good, old-fashioned butt-whooping. Just know their parents will flip if they found out you hit their child without their permission. Plus you'd most likely get fired.

In: https://www.theodysseyonline.com/pros-and-cons-working-with-children

Best!