8

How can I find volunteer training job as a pharmacy technician?

I am Meena 44 years old female looking for career help in pharmacy technician job. I have no experience. I have pharmacy technician job license.

8

0

THINH’s Answer

You can get a trainee license through TSBP. There will be a fee (about $120 ish, from what I remember) Depend on demand, some pharmacy will take it, some won't. The reason is because the license expired after 2 years, then you have to buy book and study for the Technician license (with another set of fee). Now it's harder to study since you have to work and study at the same time.
So it you serious enough about the pharmacy field, my recommendation is to skip the trainee license and go study for the Technician license. It gives you a better chance of being hired. Good luck
Thank you comment icon Thank you, this is really helpful. Meena
Thank you comment icon Hi Thinh! Thanks for offering this info. It looks as though the asker already has the required license for the job, but is looking for volunteer opportunities just to gain experience. Do you know of how they might seek out these type of opportunities? Thanks so much! Alexandra Carpenter, Admin
0
0

Brittany’s Answer

The biggest thing to do is get out there. Start making connection and building relationships. That will allow you to find opportunities for jobs/ volunteering.
0
0

Andrew’s Answer

Hi Menna,

In addition to the previous suggestion, I’d advise you to reach out to local pharmacy chain stores to see if they have openings and/or internships. It would also be good to contact the school where you earned your degree for their advice and input.
All the best for a successful and enjoyable career.
Thank you comment icon Thank you, Andrew! Meena
0
0

Alyssa’s Answer

Hi Meena,

Onestarfoundation.org helps connect folks to volunteer opportunities all over Texas. Pharmacy Tech volunteer opportunities are hard to get as many organizations would rather use an individual that has been vetted for liability sake. Since you have a license already, I would encourage you to use LinkedIn to search for entry level roles as a Pharmacy Tech. There are several opportunities all over Texas that require no experience if you have your license. Make sure to use the LinkedIn feature and set it to "entry level" so that it can filter out jobs that apply for your experience level. Here is an example (Copy and Paste this link into the browser) : https://www.linkedin.com/jobs/view/2970939803/?alternateChannel=search&refId=aPOLkhTiGUNHdUA2%2BbcRWg%3D%3D&trackingId=3YSqLHXejrQ%2FCZp3DXsj2A%3D%3D

Thank you comment icon Thank you for taking the time to help. Meena
Thank you comment icon Thank you Alyssa! Meena
0
0

Christiana’s Answer

You can get a pharmacy technician trainee license online through TSBP! I believe it's just a small fee and fingerprints that need to be done and you'll need at least this to get into any pharmacy. Then you can start applying at pharmacies around you. I know that chains work to train their techs/tech trainees and you'll learn so much on the job that will help you study for the technician licensing test.
Thank you comment icon Thank you for the advice. Meena
0
0

Elizabeth’s Answer

Large chains, such as CVS, Rite Aid and Walgreens, have tech trainee positions. Bring a simple resume with your availability. Ask when it is a good time to talk to the pharmacist. Apply for a paying position as a tech trainee or pharmacy cashier. You will learn a lot as a cashier!
Best of luck to you!
0
0

Amy’s Answer

Hi Meena!

I would check out your nearest chain pharmacies such as CVS, Walgreens, or Rite Aid as they are always looking to hire pharmacy technicians even without experience. Good luck!
0
0

Christopher’s Answer

In the past the VA hospitals would allow for people to volunteer as a pharmacy Tech.
0