2

What classes in college should I take to become an esthetician?

I want to prepare myself as much as possible. I'm really looking forward to this career choice. :)

2

1

Andrew’s Answer

Typically, to become an esthetician you can take a preparatory program from a technical college. These technical programs usually are offered by schools that focus on beauty related careers (ex. an academy of cosmetology), but are sometimes offered by "technical colleges" (ex. Devry, etc) which offer other technical degrees (nursing, food preparation, automobile repair, etc.). Here is one of many technical college directories, which I'm including just to give a bit more of an idea of these types of schools are like:

https://bestaccreditedcolleges.org/articles/esthetician-how-do-i-become-an-esthetician.html

These "technical" programs take around 1 year (to obtain a degree as an esthetician), and are not like traditional university or community college degrees which have a major (ex. business, engineering, music, etc) but where students also take other general courses not related to the major (like in elementary or high school).

If you decide to do an esthetician program, you can decide to do another more traditional university or community college either afterwards, before or even at the same time (depending on how much time and budget to pay for the education is available).

Hope this helps!
1
0

Chris’s Answer

A few of the classes found within a full esthetics program include:

- Reflexology.
- Skin conditions and disorders.
- Sales and salon management.
- Aromatherapy and body treatments.
- Hair removal and waxing.
- Cosmetic sciences.
- Human physiology and anatomy.
- Safety and sanitation.

Be sure to complete a program in Esthetics through an approved institution. An approved program will consist of at the minimum 600 hours of training in all aspects of the field. A few of the schools also offer blended programs which allow students gain valuable experience and become licensed in other areas of cosmetology at the same time.

Hope this helps!
0