Most important thing for college applications
i am a junior right now and i am wondering what is the most important action i need for college applications like extracurriculars, high GPA, sports, good college essay, etc.
1) Take many AP courses and score high.
2) Take challenging courses In high school (level 4) and have high GPA above 3.5.
3) Write an essay that is meaningful and shows passion that you have put your heart in writing it. Recommendation from teachers travels distance. Do NOT plagiarize. There are software to detect it.
4) Volunteer - where and what you do makes a big difference. E.g. I know a kid who went to Haiti to help. He got admission at Yale. My son volunteered for Habitat for Humanity traveled to FL’s poor neighborhood to help. Going extra mile makes a difference.
5) Have you played a musical instrument like Violin or played a competitive sport and have done well?
6) Get a respectable SAT/ACT score.
Univ/colleges look for a all around person and not a geek.