4
Asked 401 views

college for farming?

I currently work for my grandpa dad and uncle and own my own cattle was wondering if i should attend college for agronomy so if farming would fall through i would have something to fall back on

Thank you comment icon Yes. I think that would be a great idea because it is never a bad idea to have something to fall back on! Tayden
Thank you comment icon I'm not in a career that makes me an expert to answer your question; however, I am thrilled to hear a young person who is interested in pursuing such an important field - where would we all be without the necessary food supply? I think that it is important to be educated in the field, plus I would seek out professional agricultural associations where perhaps you could intern with experienced farmers or at least have a forum to ask them questions. Go for it, and thank you for looking to be a hard-working adult that will contribute such an important part of all of our lives! Kathleen Zalesak

4

1

Justin’s Answer

Yes, you should attend if you can. It's a double benefit. Not only would it give you the foundational knowledge to compliment your hands-on experience but it enables you to network and expand your skills. Farming is constantly changing and evolving and it would help you stay current and learn about new technology, processes and trends. A degree doesn't guarantee you a job but it is a leg up and some career fields require you to have a degree.
Thank you comment icon I appreciate your support, Justin Colton
1
0

Paulo Ricardo’s Answer

Yes, you would have several areas to be turning to with an agronomy degree. The agronomist works in all stages of agribusiness with the aim of improving the productivity and quality of crops and livestock. This professional can work with soil preparation, planting, and harvesting, or with animal feeding, breeding, health, and slaughter.
0
0

Anthony’s Answer

Possibly! If farming falls through, what type of job could you get after college with an Agronomy degree? If you're happy with the duties/growth/salary for that type of job, then I think that's a great plan. Just remember to align your college degree with your life goals!
Thank you comment icon Thank you, Anthony for the advice. Colton
0