i am graduate in interior designing , can i do my masters in ui / ux designing!?

Updated Pune, Maharashtra, India

as I was a creative kid I choose to do interior designing after 12th science, but I did have an interest in graphic design too and I used to design logo's and visiting cards side by side, now that I am done with my graduation I wanna do my Post graduation in UI / UX design . can i do that? #design #interior-design #user-interface-design #product-design

Stephanie’s Answer

Hi Aesha! You can do whatever you want! :) I was a double major in college; Marketing and Graphic Design... and ended up going and getting my Masters in Design and Technology. I now work as a UI/UX Designer and love it. I think you should definitely look into UI/UX. It is an important need right now as more and more design needs are going digital. I think your experience as an interior designer would work well with UI/UX. Similar to how you might design the flow of how someone navigates through a physical space; UI/UX is about leading a user through the flow of a product with the least amount of friction to help them with their objective. You should definitely look into programs that encourage people from various career/education backgrounds. I went to Parsons and our Design & Tech program had students from so many different disciplines - even lawyers and art historians!
Hello, your story is inspiring and till now I knew that it was plus point for me that I have done my UG in design but your explanation made my point much stronger on how it will be useful to me. thank you, will definitely look into your recommendations.

Jaime’s Answer

Updated Richmond, Texas

First of all... You can do everything you want... So please do not doubt about you.. in fact, I suggest that choose the Career that you think is the most you like right now, but you have to make decisions based on a little research of the Market of Jobs and see ahead in future like 5 or 10 years watching you doing the same all days, because you love it...

Hello, i have chosen ui/ux because I have an interest in it and I do see my future with it too. i am following some youtube channels and researching in it too. thank you.