Jenna M.

16

1

How do you find the right college for you?

I do not know what I'm looking for in a college and do not know how to pick. #idk #college-selection #college-admissions #college

I think it is important to think about some of the things you like to do in general when choosing a college to go to, such as extracurricular (fun--outside of class) activities as well as thinking of location/neighborhood you would like to be located in assuming you would want to live on campus. I would also recommend going to visit colleges, even if you are not sure you want to attend that particular school, seeing a college campus and speaking with the students and tour guide will help you get an idea of some of the things you may or may not be interested in. Also, note not knowing what you want to major in when looking for schools is OK, you can always choose your major once you get there, but having an idea of what size school, what type of activities, and location of school may help you start thinking of different schools and will definitely help narrow down your choices, along with going on college tours and visits. I would also reach out to your career guidance counselor at your high school to start the conversation as early as possible as well as doing a quick Google search such as 'how to find the right college for me?' There are a ton of great articles and blogs that provide step-by-step advice and tips on what you may be able to do in one click! Good luck and hope that answers your question.
Last updated Oct 10 '17 at 14:54

Last updated Oct 10 '17 at 14:54

Schools Add a schools