Is Civil Engineer the right path for me?
I have always enjoyed the amazing skyscrapers and all the neat structures and designs created by Civil engineers. I also really love to travel and explore and hope that as a Civil engineer I can accomplish both my dreams of participating in designing these grand structures and traveling.
Juan Carlos Barjuch, PMP, MBA, CLSBB
Juan Carlos Barjuch,’s Answer
1. in HS take all advanced courses including math including calculus, biology, chemistry, physics
2. focus on colleges..SAT scores..prepare...
3. get into a college
4. stay in college..weed out courses first two years calculus, chemistry, physics
5. only last 2 college years do you take engineering courses
civil is broad with hydraulics, structural, transportation, water, wastewaster,
for advanced courses say in structural plan on grad school
6. find a job..start at bottom work your way up
Article #1: Salary
Articl #2: Pros and Cons