Why did you choose this career ?

2

I want to become an real estate agent so that I can help out people to get homes. #real-estate #housing

Choosing job that makes you happy & gives great satisfaction is always optimal. Trying to find balance that has one that pays good and where it has some type of satisfaction and happiness is best in my opinion. Every job has challenges but if you can find one that pays well and gives you some satisfaction that will give you a overall happy life as you wont have struggles financially and wont have job that you hate. My job as an underwriter is a challenging job but it gives great satisfaction in that I am helping someone qualify for a home loan. I & helping someone obtain a home loan is something I take great pride in as your impacting someones life and hopefully giving them a lifetime of great memories with that home. Brian Downey
2

Coni J.’s Answer

0
Gary,
I didn't choose real estate...it chose me! I attended a seminar about buying a home with no money down and I caught the bug to learn more. I was in the car business at the time and found similarities in both industries. However, with real estate, EVERYONE needs a place to stay, but not everyone needs a car! I fell in love with the business and became voracious in learning all I could about EVERYTHING!

I started in the mortgage industry as a loan processor and then a loan officer. Learned all I could about the different financing options being offer by lenders and then open an investment company. My speciality was Lease Options where I controlled the property and didn't actually finance it. I would then find a tenant to lease the property for one year, help them clean up their credit, and then help them with financing at the end of the year through my company.

I helped so many people realize the dream of homeownership especially when they had no clue on how to get started. One of my greatest accomplishments.

For you, there are so many ways you can assist someone in purchasing a home and not just as a Realtor. I would suggest researching and learning as much as you can about the industry and all of the different facets to it (there are ALOT!). You may not want to be an agent, you might change your mind and become a mortgage professional or an investor!

Do your research and talk to people in the industry. Just like me, they would love to help you!

To your success!
0

Mitch’s Answer

0
Great idea. Real estate is a cyclical business and the key to success in the business is to be creative in the times that are lean and difficult. Everyone is an expert on real estate when times are good. When times are tough and it is harder for folks to get loans and afford that first home, that's when the rubber meets the road and you can provide really valuable assistance to your clients. If you become really good at serving the interests of you clients, they will seek you out and recommend you to others. That is the key to success. Put yourself in your client's shoes and see the challenge from their perspective. they will appreciate you more in the long run.
0

JENNA’s Answer

0
There are a lot of functions besides being a real estate agent that help people get homes. Mortgage, title, abstraction, appraisal, legal, there are a lot of functions. If you want to be a real estate agent, sales experience will definitely help, especially if it's commission-based. If you're more interested in the home-ownership side, there are a lot of federal programs, like HUD (Housing and Urban Development) and a whole alphabet soup of agencies that assist with home ownership. Explore your options- I've always liked real estate as well, but I am better with the paperwork and negotiation side than the working-with-people part, so there are a lot of ways to help people get homes.
0

Cindy’s Answer

0
I chose to go into this industry due to being raised in a family with ties to the home building/contracting industry.
0