Matthew P.

31

1

Would having a degree in accounting be beneficial if I am interested in becoming an entrepreneur?

Would really like to have my own business one day. #futurebusinessowner

Having a background in accounting is always useful regardless of which career path you take. I would highly recommend taking at least an introductory accounting course to have a basic understanding and if you enjoy it continue with it as a a degree. Other beneficial degrees for an interest in entrepreneurship would be economics and finance.
Last updated Sep 29 '17 at 18:59

As a CPA and someone with a degree in accounting, I am biased, but I believe it is very important. Accounting is the language of business. It is how business are measured for success (or failure). It is what allows investors to compare businesses and assess continued investment. As an entrepreneur, you will likely seek investment from outside sources, and these investors will want periodic reports of how the business is doing. So if you want to be a successful entrepreneur, I highly recommend an intro course in accounting!
Last updated Dec 07 '17 at 12:16

Schools Add a schools