4
Updated 709 views

What internships connect game desire supply for after his first your college or while attending his first year of college

I'm currently enrolled in full sail university for #game-design design #computer-games #game-development #video-games

4

0

JJ’s Answer

Definitely look for any sort of club or group with a videogame focus. Especially if they work on actual games, it can be great experience. In the industry, you are always going to work with a team, so recruiters will want to see that you have built a game with a team. Any games you build on your own are also fantastic and really show your passion, but it’s important to have had a team experience.

I would also recommend exploring what sort of positions you are interested. If you are interested in design, it’s helpful to learn how to code, and if you are interested in being a game programmer, it’s obviously essential. If you’re interested in art or writing, look into ways to improve your skills in those areas. For most positions in the industry, people will want to see a portfolio of your work, and classes can be a great way to build this up (especially if they are creative courses or ones where you can make a project videogame related).

My last piece of advice would be to apply to every position you find. It is very tough to get a position, so definitely work towards getting an internship. It took me applying to about 120 positions before I got my first offer (heard back from 3 and got offers at 2). It can take some time, but if you put in the work you can get great opportunities :)
0
0

Morgan’s Answer

First, learn how to write. It took me a bit to figure out what you were asking. As for the question, find a group creating a game. If you're in college, maybe check out the local gaming club,. I'm sure Full Sail has plenty of like-minded gamers. You want to get involved with others who are interested, since networking is mostly how you will get the job. As for your first internship, take a look in your local area and the area around your school (I know some schools will let students stay in the dorms over the summer, it's something to check with your school). Also, talk with a career person
0