During high school, which specific classes should I be taking in order to become a Registered Nurse?

Updated Illinois, Illinois

I wanted to have more information for which specific classes to take during high school so I would have an easier route to getting a degree or major in becoming a Registered Nurse when I would go to a University or college.
#medical #registered-nurses #high-school-classes #nursing #healthcare #hospital-and-health-care #high-school-classes

Ann Sears Dotson’s Answer

Updated Tucson, Arizona

Congratulations on your desire to be a Registered Nurse. That is an exciting field that can be very fulfilling. While you are in high school, I would focus on science and math classes. I would also look for volunteer opportunities at your local hospital, nursing home, etc. That is a great time to really see what nurses do and whether it is where you want to go in your future. Best of luck!