To become a physical education teacher, the first step is usually earning a bachelor's in health education, physical education, or athletic training. Examples of degrees that can prepare a person for this career include a bachelor of science in health sciences or a bachelor of science in health and wellness. Courses common to these programs include Theories in Physical Education, Theories in Sports Pedagogy, Team and Individual Sports, Basic Methods of Teaching, and Human Development. The common route to a physical education teaching career is as follows:
- Earn a bachelor’s degree in physical education or a closely related subject, like health education or kinesiology.
- Complete a student teaching internship in a physical education setting.
- Take your state’s required tests for the physical education endorsement.
- Apply for your teaching license.
- Start applying to open PE teacher positions.
Also before you become a PE teacher have a good athlete body (doesn't mean 6 packs abs with big biceps however if you can manage to get it then that would be plus point for you) and follow good diet so that when you get a job, students should see you as a role model and get inspired.
Hope this is helpful.
All the best.