10
Asked 456 views

Money making as a broke 14 year old?

How can I make money with no money at all as a 14 year old? My family is struggling and I just want me and my siblings to grow up normally. Please help me!

10

1

Anna’s Answer

Hi Kawehi, here are some ideas on how you can make money as a 14-year-old with no money:

Online surveys: You can sign up for reputable survey websites and start completing surveys made for kids and earning rewards or cash. Surveys are perfect for teens because they can be done at their own pace and in their free time. With Survey Junkie, anyone 13 years old and up can earn points and redeem them for gift cards or cash deposits to your PayPal account

Freelancing: You can offer your services to people in your neighborhood. For example, you can offer to walk dogs, mow lawns, or do yard work for people in your community. You can also offer to do odd jobs like cleaning, organizing, or running errands, or selling home-made food at school, something like mini pizzas (these should be popular)

Blogging: If you have a passion for writing, you can start a blog and write about topics that interest you. You can monetize your blog by placing ads on it or by promoting products that are related to your blog’s niche

Affiliate marketing: You can promote other people’s products and earn a commission for every sale that you make. You can promote products on your blog, social media, or through email marketing

YouTube: If you’re comfortable in front of the camera, you can start a YouTube channel and create videos about topics that interest you. You can monetize your videos by placing ads on them or by promoting products that are related to your videos

Sell items online: You can sell items that you no longer need or want on websites like eBay, Craigslist, or Facebook Marketplace. You can also sell items that you make yourself, like crafts or jewelry

Tutoring: If you’re good at a particular subject, you can offer your services as a tutor to other students in your school or community

Odd jobs: You can offer to do odd jobs for people in your community, like cleaning, organizing, or running errands

I hope these ideas help you get started. Remember, it’s important to be safe and to get your parents’ permission before starting any new venture. Good luck! 🍀
1
0

Kelli’s Answer

Hi Kawehi! My daughter had her first part time job when she was 14. She was allowed to work with restrictions with a worker's permit which she received from her high school. There are quite a few places that will hire 14 year olds. You can also do work for people in the neighborhood such as babysitting, mowing lawns, yard clean-up, etc. Best of luck to you!
0
0

Sharyl’s Answer

Hello, I did a lot of babysitting for the children in my neighborhood when I was 14. I wish you all the best!
0
0

Kiran’s Answer

Hi Kawehi,

I have some ideas on how you can make money as a 14-year-old with no money. Since you are very young, you should focus on education and meanwhile, you can find some part-time jobs which will not impact your education. At a young age, you can search for jobs in small shops as a salesman, you can look for tutoring, work on some projects for your seniors and charge them for your service.

I hope this will help you and all the very best.
0
0

Nieves’s Answer

Hello Kawehi,

Always bear in mind that education is your golden ticket to a brighter future for both you and your family. So, try to find something that aligns well with your academic pursuits, and could potentially even enhance them. Reach out to your school and inquire about any job opportunities that could fit into your schedule post-classes.

Consider taking a course that enables you to provide services like babysitting or pet sitting. If you have a knack for graphic design, why not offer your freelance services? If you excel in subjects like math or English, consider tutoring younger students. If there are seniors in your community, you could offer to assist with yard work or house cleaning.

If you have a creative streak, why not craft handmade items and sell them both offline and within your community?

There are plenty of ways to make a difference. While these options may not make you a millionaire, every little bit helps. Most importantly, stay committed to your studies. Not only will this inspire your siblings as they grow, but it will also open doors to greater opportunities in the future.

Wishing you all the best!
0
0

Pam’s Answer

I'm sorry you're dealing with this and admire you for wanting to help your family! At 14, babysitting is a good option if you know people with children. Pet sitting/walking is also a good option and something that a lot of people need if you like animals. You can register to do that through "Rover" or do it on your own. My neighbor typed up a flyer about pet sitting with various prices, whether it included walking dogs, or just feeding someone's dog or cat, or maybe cleaning kitty litter. She is making good money doing this for many neighbors. You can also offer to do yardwork for neighbors and make money that way. Good luck to you!
0
0

Lisa’s Answer

Try Tutoring or helping around your neighbor with clean-up projects.
Some states allow working permits at your age, this could give you more opportunities to earn money.
Best of luck to you!
0
0

Angela’s Answer

Hi Kawehi! Here are some ideas for you to start making some money:

Babysitting- you can babysit your neighbor's kids or your friends little siblings,

Tutoring- You can tutor kids by helping them with their homework,

Walking or watching peoples pets- People need to go out places and need someone to watch their pets.,

Washing cars- Ask your neighbors if they want you to wash their car for a certain amount of money. Ask your parents how much to charge for this.,

Lemonade stands- Look up on Youtube how to make lemonade and buy supplies at the store. Have your parents help you make it if you need help. Get a table, a box for collecting money, cups, napkins, a table cloth, and a sign that says what you're selling

Making crafts and selling them online- If you're good at drawing or making things you can sell them online.

I hope you find what you're looking for. Good luck to you!

Angela recommends the following next steps:

Lemonade Stand: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eOKlsW5hojE
Babysitting: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aEpwrjEVSZ8
0