4
Asked 443 views

what did it take?

what did it take to get to being independent and running a company. how did you motivate yourself to stay consistent. and lastly did you have to graduate high school in order to pursue this career.

4

0

Katherine’s Answer

The two best resources I know of for learning what it takes to run a business and starting something at a basic level are Dave Ramsey's book EntreLeadership, and this workbook (https://www.churchofjesuschrist.org/bc/content/ldsorg/topics/self-reliance/2017/14678_sgmb_book_eng.pdf?lang=eng).
0
0

Sienna’s Answer

Hi Monica! I love that you're considering an entrepreneurial career path!

I think the most important thing to consider when thinking about what it takes for starting and running your own business is that there will always be highs and lows. Knowing that in the beginning will help you get through the challenges of being an independent business owner, and remain consistent in the face of instability. Having a routine and prioritizing efficiency above all else is super important, as well. In whatever lane your business is in, this will be super important. It will help you save money, reduce waste and minimize excess.

I'm not sure the type of business you want to start, so it's hard to say whether or not you'll need a high school diploma, however, for any type of business to be successful, you need credibility. This means you need your customers to believe that what they're buying from you is worth the price you're selling it for. You have to have know what you're talking about, know what you're making, or know what you're building. That knowing comes from an education that you'll get from somewhere, so my advice is to invest in the education that will later on pay off in making you credible for your business.
0
0

James Constantine’s Answer

Hello Monica,

Yes it took high school, a Bachelor of Science in biological chemistry, and three postgraduate diplomae. One in orthomolecular nutrition, 1 in nutrition and dietetics, and 1 in public health. After ten years experience as a dietitian, I had what it takes to manage Western Dietetic Services.
Motivating yourself is easy being a software developer because if you do nothing the software does not develop itself. Been programming since 1972, continued learning computer programming languages. Combined that with nutrition education. Assisting Health2U Group and NASA, also the homeless in the USA.

GOD BLESS!
James.
0