How to become apart of a sorority ?

I want to know how to become apart of a sorority is because I'm thinking about joining one when I go to college #sorority #college

5

Rita’s Answer

Hi Preia,

I am a member of a sorority that continues after college. I think it is important first to consider the type of sorority you are interested in and conduct your research. Sororities can be different individually; this includes requirements and processes. The common Fraternity & Sorority Councils are:

Interfraternity Council

Multicultural Greek Council

National Pan-Hellenic Council

Panhellenic Association

They are all unique in their own ways. 

I would recommend that you ask your student life office about the various sororities on campus and obtain brochures and websites for the ones onsite. I also suggest researching and attending any events of sororities on your campus so you can learn more about what they do. 

Make sure you keep up your grades, be active on campus and help with the communnity. 

Rita 

0

Courtney’s Answer

Hi Preia,

I was in a sorority in college, and I found it to be one of the most rewarding experiences. I met many friends who I am still close with 15 years later! I would recommend that you ask your college what sororities there are and how to become a member of one. Sororities are usually focused on ensuring members get good grades and are open and social people. I'd encourage you to keep up your focus on studying in school and when it comes time to join a sorority, be open and honest and your true self.

Best of luck to you!

Courtney

0

Estelle’s Answer

My niece just joined a sorority, and she has been very pleased with her decision. She went through a process called recruitment in which she spent the week prior to classes starting at various sorority functions. She met different girls and ultimately ended up joining the group of girls where she clicked the most.

0