Is it easier to work in the evening and go to school in the mornings or vice versa?

4

As an incoming freshman with no prior work experience, I'm curious what kind of advice I can get on balancing and scheduling the two. #work-life-balance
#school-life-balance

4

Margarete’s Answer

0
Hi Alexander, hope this message find you well.
I did that when I was at college, study in the morning and work in the afternoon, it was a really good experience, as in the morning in my opinion we are with more energy, fresh mind. And work give me a good perspective of "real life", could know new people, and start to understand how the market works.

try to find something even simple, but that you like, you can question your self, what i do like, do I like to talk with people, enjoy to use computer etc

And to keep you work life balance, make sure you use your morning pay attention so will not have to study so hard at night for example for the testes. do simple things with your school friends to feel you keep in touch with then, lunch time next to school or you job. keep talking with then trough whats up, and choose to invest 2 3 nights to study if necessary to be more free on the weeks. Planning sometimes can be boring, but when we have less time, it is a good option, because you know what to do, and organize your week.
finally have fun have fun have fun, not just in your personal life, choose something you like to do, that will not became your day a hard day :-)

0

Leahanne’s Answer

0

Alexander,

I would say that you can get a routine either way and make it work, but that your primary focus should be on adapting the schedule to make sure you can get the courses you want, Then find the job that can fit around the courses, that best that fits your strengths and skills. The rest of it, you can just create a routine around it and your body will adapt and adjust accordingly. Good luck!

Leahanne recommends the following next steps:

• make sure the job matches your skills and strengths.
  • figure out what jobs fit that schedule best.
  • figure out what courses you need/want and when they're offered.
0