Darrian B.’s Avatar

Darrian B.

601

10

What does a degree in finance get me?

I am debating on whether or not to pursue this major. I am good a math. Is there any other attributes that would be helpful in this field that I need to know of? #mathematics #numbers

Hi Darrian,

A degree in Finance will open many doors for you. A strong finance background is almost a prerequisite to move ahead in the corporate environment since many management tasks involve budget management and planning. If you are able to also add in a minor or double major in another discipline like communications or marketing that would be a great benefit to showcase your other skills.

Best of luck, Sofia

Last updated Apr 27 '15 at 12:12

Finance is a great major to choose! Almost all important decisions that companies make place the highest priority on the financial impact that the decision will have on the company. This makes a finance degree extremely valuable.

Additionally, a lot of financial jobs require problem solving and understanding complex problems. If you like to problem solve, it's definitely something you'd likely succeed at!

Last updated Jun 08 at 15:16