What are some career choices in sports medicine?

What are some choices in sports medicine?
#sportsmedicine #sports-medicine #sports

3

Hi Michael! The great thing about the sports medicine field is that it is so broad that you could go into a lot of different directions. Just to name a few would be: physical therapy, strength and conditioning, orthopedics, athletic training, personal training, cardio rehab and the list can go on and on. I think the most important thing is to shadow or intern during college in a variety of fields so that you can find out what you like and what you don't like. I started out as an athletic training and physical therapy major and switched to exercise science when I found out that wasn't for me. I know work in corporate wellness.

Rachel recommends the following next steps:

Explore a variety of opportunities by shadowing or interning in different professions.
Always continue your education to gain more knowledge.

1

Kaylee’s Answer

Hello, I think you could do physical therapy or be an athletic trainer if you do not necessarily want to be a doctor.

0