What do you do if you aren't too sure exactly what majors you want to do besides one?

I want to do culinary arts and dance, but I'm not entirely sure that I want to be so close-minded with the majors. How do I decide from here on what can interest me? #college-major #majors

3

Nicholas’s Answer

Here is a great personality test that will give you great insight on what your strengths and weaknesses are and what types of jobs you would like and excel in. It's free, very accurate, and easy. http://www.typefinder.com/

I don't want to sound like a dream crusher, but this is my honest recommendation. Finding a career as a performer is extremely difficult. A degree in dance might be fun and where your passion lies, however it is extremely difficult to have a lasting career in this field. I myself love acting, singing, and comedy. I considered majoring in musical theater in college. I ultimately decided to pursue a more technical degree as an engineer. I performed in a choir and comedy group throughout college and currently perform as a professional comedian/singer on the evenings and weekends after I leave my engineering day job. I love my job as an engineer and I still get to perform all the time. I am not telling you not to pursue dance. I have confidence in you that you can be successful at it. I'm just trying to give you the "real world" perspective that it is very difficult to do so, and college degrees are a very expensive investment. Best of luck!

0

Paula’s Answer

Start with what you're interested in then find variations of that. Also, look for ideas online. Google for career listings. Look at job websites like Glassdoor and see what jobs are even available in certain areas. You can read job descriptions in the ads, learn requirements for the position, and sometimes even view salaries. When selecting a career, it's all about you and what you do well and what you like to do. You will likely be doing it for a long time so put the time in now and figure out what you like then dive in!

0