How do I get a head start on my music career while still in school?

2

I'm going to be attending college in the fall to pursue my major in music technology, but I really don't want to wait until I've gotten my degree to make moves in the music industry. What steps/initiatives can I take to give myself a head start in my career while actively working on my degree?
#music-production #music-industry #music-producer

2

Alex’s Answer

0

Network. Practice. Network some more. Go and meet the contractors. Grab lunch with the people doing what you want to do. When you are good enough, if they get extra work that they can't fit into their schedule they will give your number out. If the contractors enjoy hanging out with you at the bar after work, they will call you again. Being in music is all about networking. In addition to that, try to do as many projects as you can and add the best to your portfolio. Leave at least a mini portfolio in the cloud so that you can access it if you run into someone unexpectedly. Never stop developing your skills and never stop networking.

0