How to stay motivated and inspired while stressed out?

Asked New York, New York

I'm currently a senior in high school. With all the stress around finals, prom, graduation, college, it can be really hard to stay motivated to focus on school. For me, it also affects my ability as a student musician to focus on my music and be inspired by music. Are there any tips and/or tricks that can help my fellow seniors and I stay focused during this stressful time?
#music #stress #seniors

Hannah’s Answer

Hi Jastyn. don't worry! Reflecting back, I felt as though I was the only person feeling stressed out and less inspired than normal, only to learn and realize that there are many others that felt the same way I did. My tip and trick for you is to make a to-do list with the priorities, and add your music to that list. Once you start segmenting out the things you need to do (school work, finals, graduation, college...etc) you'll start to notice that it's not as overwhelming as you may think. Make sure you're putting music on your list, and separating your more stressful tasks with breaks in music. I'd also make a list of things that you're excited for which keeps me motivated and inspired.