How do i stay focused on my career?

4

Hello, my name is Laniya from Pennsylvania. In the past, i never knew What i wanted to be when i grow up. I would always pick something, i would later get bored with it. I currently want to be a dancer, but i'm afraid that i'll change it again. I wanted to know how i can stay focused on pursuing one career. #dance #performing-arts

4

Tommaso’s Answer

0

Hi Laniya,
I don't know much about dancing (even though I can bust a move!) but doesn't matter what you decide, be ready to put in hard work. A lot.
On average it takes someone to master something about 10,000 hrs which is about 10yrs.
I want to share this with you though, I just recently read an article about the difference between what do you want to do in life and who do you want to be in life.
Given the assumption that in order to succeed you have to put in a lot of work, the difference between achieving the success or failing, it's based on your working attitude.
Based on how we - humans - are "wired", we are very inclined to say things like "I'm going to dance" or "I'm going to play basketball" or "I'm going to train for a marathon".
The key to succeed is to envision yourself being a dancer, a basketball player or a runner. In this way when you are practicing those many hours everyday it will be hard work but you know you are building towards something.

Tommy

0

Deepal’s Answer

0

Hey Laniya,
your career choice will always change and I do not believe there is something wrong with changing careers or fields. So, the best thing to do is figure out which one is your hobby and which one is your career. If you find a career that is satisfying to your taste then you will find it easier to focus upon it while still maintaining multiple different hobbies.

Okay. Thank You! Laniya W.
0

Lisa’s Answer

0

Hi Laniya,
There is nothing wrong with changing your mind. From experience I have changed my major maybe three times and I knew I majored in the right thing because I was doing better than ever before and I enjoyed doing it. The work was still difficult but I wanted to do my best. I hope you find something you love as well, for me it was Art.

0