Sara L.’s Avatar

Sara L.

61

2

How can I get myself on track with writing and publishing a book?

I've always wanted to be a published author. I've been writing since I was little, and now I need to get serious. How do I get organized? I don't even know where to begin. I'm beginning my final year of undergrad and have plans to go to graduate school. #college #student #author #gettingpublished #writing #studentwriter #college-student

It's good that you want to write something, but you also have to have a goal in mind. You also need to ask the following questions and write them down in a journal: what kind of book do you want to write? What is your favorite genre you'd like to see a story in? What kind of story do you want to tell people? What is your message?

Once you do that, then you can go onto the next step which is research and reading up on the styles of your favorite authors to see how they use scenes, language, etc.

This is no fast process by any means, so don't expect quick results overnight unless you start writing and keep writing until you are done with a draft.

Last updated May 27 at 19:42

Hi, Sara!

Here it is a step-by-step comprehensive self-publishing guide that will walk you through on the beginning steps on how to write your book all the way to self-publishing it on Amazon’s Kindle (KDP) Network.

1. Deciding Why You Want to Write a Book
  2. Writing Your Book
  3. Getting Feedback on Your Book
  4. Choosing a Book Title
  5. Hiring a Great Book Editor
  6. Designing a Book Cover that Converts
  7. Creating Your Kindle Direct Publishing Account
  8. Formatting and Uploading your Book
  9. Self-Publishing Your Book
  10. Pricing Your Book
  11. Forming a Launch Team
  12. Maximizing Book Launch Exposure

Amazon has a self-publishing service called Kindle Direct Publishing where you can create and manage your Kindle eBook, paperback, and audio books. You can even link it with CreateSpace to offer print books to your audience. It’s the best way to start selling books quickly, and I’ve used it for all my self-published books. I highly recommend it for all new self-publishers!

Setting up your KDP account is very simple! Start by following these steps:

https://self-publishingschool.com/how-to-publish-a-book/

This professional recommends the following next steps:

• Visit https://kdp.amazon.com and create an account with either your existing Amazon account or your email address.
  • Next, you must complete your tax information. You will not be able to submit your published book if you do not complete this step.
  • Once your tax information is complete, hit “Finished” and your account is complete!
Last updated May 25 at 12:32