What tips do you have to increase productivity in the morning?

3

For those of us that aren't morning people, are there any tips or recommended habits that you may have to be as productive as possible for morning classes, assignments, and work? #productivity #habits #earlymornings

3

Monica’s Answer

0
I second Kim's advice. I would also try to do the following:
- Set a consistent alarm each morning that is automatic so you don't have to think about it each day.
- Lay out your clothes the night before so you don't waste time figuring out what to wear that day.
- Look at your calendar/agenda for the day the night before so you know what to expect out of your day and can plan accordingly.
- Pack some snacks to keep you thriving all day long.
0

Taylor’s Answer

0
Consistency is key! Try to follow generally the same routine in the morning time (at least during the weekdays).

Research shows that implementing small routines into our day can help us feel more in control, boost our self-discipline, strengthen our focus, kindle our motivation, and help us get more done.

Routines are an important piece of my self-care. Most of the time, I function much better when I’m in a proper rhythm. No matter if the routine is personal or professional, creating these habits have been beneficial to me for multiple reasons. First and foremost, creating a routine allows intentional built in time for the important things that matter to YOU. Some habits I do every morning, some habits I do every evening and some habits I do every week … you get the idea!

Routines and habits have been beneficial for me because they allow me to lower the number of non-critical decisions I have to make in a day so that my brain is freed up for more important decisions and thinking. This way, I don’t start my day deciding what I’m going to do – my brain is already running on auto-pilot. You can read more about the psychological phenomenon of "Decision Fatigue."

Here's an example of one of my personal routines: I make my bed and fill up my four water bottles at the beginning of each morning! After making my bed I know I have accomplished my first task of the day and it helps starts the day off on a productive foot! Staying hydrated keeps me feeling my best. My goal is to drink 100 ounces of water a day. I can easily forget to drink enough water throughout the day, so filling up my four water bottles in advance helps me visually see my progress!

Taylor recommends the following next steps:

• Write out a routine to follow in the morning
  • Try following that routine for 5 days straight
  • Evaluate the routine and adjust as needed
  • Continue adjusting until it works for you!
0

0

Shower in the morning, eat a protein-rich breakfast, and do a little exercise. Probably not in that order!

But seriously, if you aren't a morning person, you will do better overall if you just accept that and try to live your life accordingly, if at all possible!

I actually used to be a morning person, before being diagnosed with Rheumatoid Arthritis. For whatever reasons, RA is worse in the mornings, and it is really difficult to get moving. But, sometimes you have to. I'd say the shower helps the most.

0

Carolyn’s Answer

0

Habits are really important! They not only help you get more done but  can also make it much easier to deal with urgent changes, because you don't have to focus as much on scheduling and organization.   Getting started in the AM is the hardest part of the morning for me. I found that having something that I look forward to doing as my 1st activity is key.  It may be getting coffee, walking with a friend (or my dog), wearing a new outfit, or working on part of an exciting project.  Every night before I go to sleep, I also mentally go over the next day and get myself excited about my 1st activity for the next morning. 

0