What tips do you have to increase productivity in the morning?

For those of us that aren't morning people, are there any tips or recommended habits that you may have to be as productive as possible for morning classes, assignments, and work? #productivity #habits #earlymornings

Monica’s Answer

I second Kim's advice. I would also try to do the following: - Set a consistent alarm each morning that is automatic so you don't have to think about it each day. - Lay out your clothes the night before so you don't waste time figuring out what to wear that day. - Look at your calendar/agenda for the day the night before so you know what to expect out of your day and can plan accordingly. - Pack some snacks to keep you thriving all day long.

Shower in the morning, eat a protein-rich breakfast, and do a little exercise. Probably not in that order!

But seriously, if you aren't a morning person, you will do better overall if you just accept that and try to live your life accordingly, if at all possible!

I actually used to be a morning person, before being diagnosed with Rheumatoid Arthritis. For whatever reasons, RA is worse in the mornings, and it is really difficult to get moving. But, sometimes you have to. I'd say the shower helps the most.

Carolyn’s Answer

Habits are really important! They not only help you get more done but  can also make it much easier to deal with urgent changes, because you don't have to focus as much on scheduling and organization.   Getting started in the AM is the hardest part of the morning for me. I found that having something that I look forward to doing as my 1st activity is key.  It may be getting coffee, walking with a friend (or my dog), wearing a new outfit, or working on part of an exciting project.  Every night before I go to sleep, I also mentally go over the next day and get myself excited about my 1st activity for the next morning.