How do you gain confidence

5
5

Melisa’s Answer

3

Hi Starlen. I love that both Laura and Jason also mentioned "purpose" in their answer and I totally agree. I have a plaque on my desk that reads, "The meaning of life is to find your gift. The purpose of life I to give it away." - Pablo Picasso

I also feel we are here for a purpose. Everything happens to us for a reason and sometimes it can take a while to feel confident and find what you truly want to do, are good at doing and can be paid to do, And in time, confidence can grow. But with any change, like taking on a new job, moving someplace new, etc., there's going to be an adjustment period until you find confidence again.

When it comes to confidence, no matter what your goal is, practice, practice, practice! This is something I continue to find very helpful. Whether it's speaking in front of groups of all sizes, from small meetings to large presentations. Start with small settings and build your way to larger groups. When I first went to college I majored in music and I play piano. It took me a while to feel comfortable performing solo pieces of classical music, from memory, in front of others for recitals, but I slowly built my confidence by performing for family and small groups first.

And, as Jason also mentioned, if and when you make mistakes, the important thing is to learn from them and move on  - keep trying. Learning from our failures and not dwelling on them helps us grow.

There's also a lot of free resources online you can checkout for insight and ideas from others, on how to build confidence. Best wishes to you in your future goals.

Melisa recommends the following next steps:

• Check out these videos on gaining confidence https://blog.hubspot.com/marketing/ted-talks-confidence-boost
  • Whatever your goal for gaining confidence, practice, practice, practice!
  • Pass it on. When you find something that works for you, pass it along to someone else.
3

Jason’s Answer

3

Confidence is gained through the learning and mistakes made and the ability to admit mistakes and try again. It is also gained through the understanding that you are unique and nobody is exactly like you. You are here for a purpose and find it.

3

Laura’s Answer

2

You were born with a purpose. It could be simple or it could be huge. Every morning look at yourself in the mirror and say "I am enough"...Did you believe what you said? Do it again. Say it out loud to yourself 5 times getting louder each time. Then say one positive thing about you...I like my eyes this morning, these shoes are on point, whatever it may be. When you walk, walk with your eyes forward and smile. Say hello to people even if you don't know them. Everyday you will see and feel the confidence build.

Laura recommends the following next steps:

• Do a simple act of kindness for someone.
2

0
Confidence is risen when performing tasks and activities that you are good at and provide you with that rush of positive endorphins. To boost my confidence in areas that I a aware need improvement, I ted to sandwich them between tasks that i enjoy and provide me with that confidence boost i need.

Try combining your strong points and your weaker points. You may find your areas that require improvement are less daunting therefore boosting your confidence when needing to perform that action again.

Repetition is your friend.
0