Skip to main content
16 answers
17
Asked 1439 views

Do u think I need a job?

Hi my name is Jordan I’m 13 and I want to start making my own money and I’m am in Paterson New Jersey and I wanna start making money before summer is over to you know keep myself busy and I wanna learn responsibilities and learn new things so please


17

16 answers


0
Updated
Share a link to this answer
Share a link to this answer

John’s Answer

Hi Jordan! It's fantastic that you're taking the initiative! When I was 13, I started by mowing lawns in South Jersey during the summer and raked leaves in the fall. Once you're old enough to work, you might consider applying for part-time jobs in stores or even at nursing homes. My first job was as a dietary aide in a nursing home, and I learned a lot as a teenager. You've got a bright path ahead—good luck!
0
0
Updated
Share a link to this answer
Share a link to this answer

Regina’s Answer

Hi Jordan,

It's fantastic to see you eager to keep busy this summer! I encourage you to think creatively. While there are traditional options like yard work or helping family and neighbors, try to brainstorm new opportunities that others might not have considered yet. You have amazing potential as an entrepreneur, and remember, there's no age limit for starting a business.

Good luck, and dream big!
0
0
Updated
Share a link to this answer
Share a link to this answer

Cesar’s Answer

Hi Jordan, it's great that you're thinking about getting a job at your age. Even if it's not possible right now, joining a nonprofit organization is a fantastic way to learn new skills and improve teamwork, which will be very helpful in the future. Focus on learning and having fun now, rather than worrying about making money. You have plenty of time to build skills and earn money later on.

The key is to discover what you love and what excites you about potential career paths.

Wishing you all the best!
0
0
Updated
Share a link to this answer
Share a link to this answer

Elissa’s Answer

Hi Jordan - I suggest you make fliers listing the things you can do for money - such as walking dogs, watering plants if the family is on vacation, perhaps yard work - and put them in mailboxes in your neighborhood. List your phone number and experience with these tasks. Good luck!
0
0
Updated
Share a link to this answer
Share a link to this answer

Lexi’s Answer

Hi Jordan! I think it’s great that you want to stay busy, learn new skills, and start taking on more responsibility. At 13, you don’t necessarily need to have a job yet. You could look into volunteering in your community or helping out with a family member’s business or projects. You might also consider age-appropriate ways to earn some money, like helping neighbors with small tasks. These can all be good ways to gain experience and learn responsibility before getting your first official job.
0
0
Updated
Share a link to this answer
Share a link to this answer

Rebecca’s Answer

Thank you for your question.
Firstly, I am not sure you are eligible to work at your age in the state. You better to check first.
I am glad to know you would like to learn taking responsibilities. In fact, uou can consider to do voluntary work. There are many different types of voluntary work, eg helping vulnerabilities, work in elderly homes, orphanage, etc. You can find out more from the local NGOs
Volunteering can give you opportunities to help people and you will take up responsibilities.
Suggest you can explore more.
Hope thus hepos! Good Luck!
May Almighty God bless you!
0
0
Updated
Share a link to this answer
Share a link to this answer

Nailah’s Answer

I love your eagerness to start working at such a young age. I was very similar! As many other individuals mentioned, it's tough to get a job at such a young age. I was able to get my first "real" job at 15 at a catering company. Shortly after I was able to work at a pizza spot. Before that I was able to babysit which was a nice way to make money! I've also seen people start their own companies like mowing lawns or painting mailboxes. Think about what you are passionate about!
0
0
Updated
Share a link to this answer
Share a link to this answer

Tara’s Answer

Hi Jordan. At 13, you might not be able to apply for a regular job yet, but there are still great ways to earn money. You can get creative by helping friends, family, and neighbors. Many teens in my area mow lawns, clean out storage spaces, or babysit younger kids. These are great ways to start making money and learning new skills. You can do it!
0
0
Updated
Share a link to this answer
Share a link to this answer

Amber’s Answer

Hi Jordan, it's fantastic that you're eager to take charge and earn your own money at 13. That attitude is wonderful! While getting an official job might be tough right now, there are lots of ways you can earn money. You could do yard work, help neighbors with groceries, take out the trash, babysit, or walk pets. The possibilities are endless! You can do it!
0
0
Updated
Share a link to this answer
Share a link to this answer

Cindy’s Answer

Great job thinking ahead! Here's an idea: look for paid opportunities that align with your future career goals. This way, you earn money while gaining valuable experience in a field you love. Also, check out local businesses and see if you can intern or shadow someone for a few hours. Even if it's unpaid at first, this experience looks fantastic on college applications and shows initiative that many other applicants might not have.
0
0
Updated
Share a link to this answer
Share a link to this answer

Cathy’s Answer

Hi Jordan
Did u know some of the most influential and rich people of this world have one thing in common, that they started working at a very early age. You are motivated. Lean into it. Find work that fits with your education hours. You are young and full of energy use that to tackle a job or jobs. Make sure to be polite, highly responsive and through from beginning to end. I can't wait to see how much you will compolish. Go get them!!!
0
0
Updated
Share a link to this answer
Share a link to this answer

L’s Answer

Jordan, it's amazing that you want to earn your own money at 13! This shows you're responsible and motivated. Even though you can't get a regular job in New Jersey yet, there are many ways to make money. You can help neighbors, walk dogs, babysit, clean cars, or sell things you create. These activities will keep you busy, help you learn new skills, and make you feel proud. You're already doing great just by wanting to give it a try!
0
0
Updated
Share a link to this answer
Share a link to this answer

Shiv’s Answer

Hi Jordan! You've gotten some great tips from everyone. Volunteering in your community can be a lot of fun, and there are cool apps to help with that too. One app, Be My Eyes, lets you lend a hand in a special way by connecting with blind and low-vision people through live video. If you're also hoping to make some money, maybe ask your family or neighbors if they need help with chores. Do you like walking dogs, helping with yard work, or shoveling snow in the winter? Wishing you the best of luck!
0
0
Updated
Share a link to this answer
Share a link to this answer

Shiv’s Answer

Hi Jordan! You've already got some really great advice here from plenty of folks. I would tap in to the volunteering in your community and there are also really cool apps out there that you can volunteer as well. One is Be My Eyes where you can XYZ. I know you mentioned you'd like to also earn some money. I wonder if you can ask your family members or neighbors to do some chores for them. Is there something you enjoy doing like myabe walking pets or helping with yard work? Or shovleing snow in the winter?
0
0
Updated
Share a link to this answer
Share a link to this answer

Tyrone ’s Answer

Hi! It’s great that you want to find something to do. At your age, it’s important to look for something you truly enjoy, because work should be something you like. Think about what your community needs or what you could create. Perhaps you could offer a service that is needed or develop a project. It’s fantastic that you have so much enthusiasm—keep it up!
0
0
Updated
Share a link to this answer
Share a link to this answer

Hind’s Answer

Hi Jordan, one of the things my son did at your age was to write a note offering things he could do for the neighbors and he put it in their mailbox. Like take out their trash, walk their dog, clean cars or windows, help take in groceries for the elderly, etc.
0