What kind of careers can I do with a major in Environmental Studies?

I want to major in Environmental Studies and study humanity's relationship with the natural environment, but what careers can I expect after college? #environmentalstudies #careersearch

Honestly? There are a lot of possibilities out there for you! I am majoring in Environmental Sciences currently at University and there are a ton of different directions you can go depending on your interests - yours in particular would likely lead you to a career within research through a university, an independent company or government facility (from what I have seen). I cannot say "expect" careers, though. If you are able, find internships, part times or seasonal positions within your area of interest. It will open more options up to you in the future, and make sure that the direction you want to go into is truly where you want to be. Ashley H.

“With a bachelor’s degree in environmental studies, students often pursue careers in education, business, government, political organizations, nonprofit associations or private consulting firms. Many students also combine a degree in environmental science with a career in journalism, communications, environmental law, or health professions, looking, for example, at the causes and spread of diseases. The degree also prepares many graduates to enter graduate-degree programs in most sciences, such as environmental planning; resource management; engineering; law or public policy.“ (Ursinus College Website) https://www.ursinus.edu/offices/career-and-professional-development/career-and-major-exploration/what-can-i-do-with-a-major-in-environmental-studies/ Julia F.

1

Serge V.’s Answer

Click on link below. Here are some examples of what you can do. I highly recommend you find an internship or volunteer to get more experience.

https://www.thebalancecareers.com/top-jobs-for-environmental-studies-science-majors-2059630

0