2 answers
Asked
277 views
cosmetologists
What are some benefits and hazards of studying cosmetology??
Login to comment
2 answers
Monissha Sreenivasan Maheswari
Product Information and asset management
4
Answers
Erode, Tamil Nadu, India
Updated
Monissha’s Answer
Hi! Cosmetology can be a great career. It is a trained beauty professional who works in hairstyling, skincare, makeup, nail care, or even owning your own salon. It falls under the beauty and personal care industry.
Benefits:
Creative and interest in beauty work
Opportunity to help people feel confident
Flexible career paths and work schedules
Potential to build your own business
Challenges:
Standing for long hours
Exposure to beauty chemicals
Need to keep learning new trends and techniques
Building a steady client base can take time
Overall, cosmetology is a rewarding career for someone who enjoys beauty, creativity, and customer service. Best of luck!
Benefits:
Creative and interest in beauty work
Opportunity to help people feel confident
Flexible career paths and work schedules
Potential to build your own business
Challenges:
Standing for long hours
Exposure to beauty chemicals
Need to keep learning new trends and techniques
Building a steady client base can take time
Overall, cosmetology is a rewarding career for someone who enjoys beauty, creativity, and customer service. Best of luck!
Updated
Everett’s Answer
Hi,
I’m not in the industry, however, I have family and friends who are.
Based on what I’ve seen, here are some pros and cons I can think of top of mind.
Pro: It can be a very lucrative career, financially speaking. Especially if you have a consistent client base.
Potential hazards: As Monissha mentioned, it can be hard working on your feet all day, and the exposure to different chemicals might have an adverse impact on your health. Anither thing to keep in mind, would be how comfortable are you with touching people’s scalps, hands, etc, with a range of how clean they are.
I’m not in the industry, however, I have family and friends who are.
Based on what I’ve seen, here are some pros and cons I can think of top of mind.
Pro: It can be a very lucrative career, financially speaking. Especially if you have a consistent client base.
Potential hazards: As Monissha mentioned, it can be hard working on your feet all day, and the exposure to different chemicals might have an adverse impact on your health. Anither thing to keep in mind, would be how comfortable are you with touching people’s scalps, hands, etc, with a range of how clean they are.