Skip to main content
2 answers
2
Updated 143 views

What level of education is needed to succeed in culinary, construction, or theatre?

How can I improve myself to be better at what I need to be successful in my careers.


2

1 answer


0
Updated
Share a link to this answer
Share a link to this answer

Jim’s Answer

That’s a very good question. I can tell you from personal experience that a culinary career and a construction career are polar opposites from each other. Then you throw a theater career path in it, if there was another pole to compare the differences I would use it. As far as your question goes, for each one of those career paths I would say, for me, the financial aspect of all three choices are very different from the other. Each career path has its Benifits and its negatives. All three also have the potential to advance to a very financially stable future. It really depends on what you’re good at and what challenges you in a way that it pumps you up and motivated rather than discourages. Because both are very realistic and both are almost unavoidable. In my life experiences, I have made one very risky decision after another. Meaning I had to take work where it was available out of necessity rather than choice. Although, I have been very fortunate, in that I really enjoy learning more than one trade or having one skillset. I can say with confidence that I am a “Jack of All Trades and a Master of None”. I believe that’s the saying. I have worked in Culinary settings (I love to cook), I have worked on many multi-million dollar projects all around Phoenix Arizona (from laborer to journeyman carpenter), I spent 8 years in the mechanical maintenance field (from Maintenance Technician to Senior Mechanic/Maintenance Manager) I have even done some theater gigs in my younger years. If I can give one good piece of advice, truly find out what you enjoy learning. If the career you choose challenges you and keeps you motivated to learn everything you can about that field, that’s the key. There is light at the end of the tunnel too. After you’ve dedicated time, effort, and dedication in the field of your choice, you have become proficient at it to the degree that it’s easy…. You start your own business. That should be your ultimate goal. Learn everything you can about your specific career choice and your specific field So that one day, you can be your own boss and have your own company in your own business to run. For me that was my ultimate goal that was my blessing in disguise for myself because had I not gone through all of the trials and tribulations of working for multiple companies for multiple years, I would not have the experience that I have and I wouldn’t have had enough experience to start my own company. I still run my business today. I’ve had it for six years. No matter what happens in life you’re gonna hit Roblox you’re gonna hit walls. You’re gonna hit challenges you’re gonna have people standing your way. You’re gonna have people try to knock you down to get ahead. A little more advice, Stay humble, stay diligent and don’t ever take anything personally. I truly wish everybody that reads this nothing but success in their life and in their working life. And I promise you it doesn’t seem like it now but time will go very fast and before you know it 30 years left gone by and you don’t want those 30 years to have been doing something that you’re not passionate about. Construction is fun. It’s hard work, but it’s fun as long as you don’t get with the wrong crowd and the wrong people because there’s a lifestyle that goes with construction workers and there’s two paths you can go down. One’s good one’s bad. For culinary, It’s a very demanding world and there’s a very high expectation for quality in that field as well, It’s very demanding, but it absolutely can be a spectacular field to work in. For theater I never chose it as a career path, but if you’re good at it and you enjoy it follow it don’t ever let an opportunity Pass you by based off of what other people think or fear from the unknown. If you like something an opportunity comes up don’t second-guess it usually your first thought and your first instinct is the correct one usually don’t quote me but usually, I wish you all the best. Thank you for listening and reading this.
0