Skip to main content
1 answer
2
Asked 194 views

What career opportunities are availabe for a double major in Business Administration with a concentration in accounting and Sociology with a concentration in Criminology?

I am a college student and I would like to know career paths for my degree, I do know that I could be a foresic accountant, but would like to know about other opportunities that can relate with it, or even different paths that might work with my degree.


2

1 answer


0
Updated
Share a link to this answer
Share a link to this answer

Douglas’s Answer

Hey Gardenia!

I actually think this is a pretty cool combination of majors because there's a lot more you could do with it than just forensic accounting. I've completed three internships with Ernst & Young (EY), one of the Big 4 accounting firms. One thing I've learned from my internships is just how many different career paths there are in accounting and business that people don't really talk about.

Some career paths I'd recommend looking into are risk consulting, internal auditing, compliance, and fraud investigation. You could also look into business consulting or corporate finance if you wanted to go in a completely different direction. From my experience at EY, I've seen how people with different educational backgrounds end up working in the same field, so I wouldn't feel like your majors limit you to any specific career.

My biggest advice would be to keep an open mind and try getting an internship in a few different areas. I've done several internships throughout college and they've honestly helped me figure out what I enjoy way more than any class has. You might end up finding a career you didn't even know existed.

I definitely wouldn't feel like you're limited to forensic accounting. I think your combination of majors gives you a lot of interesting options, especially if you enjoy both the business side of things and understanding why people commit crimes.

Doug
0