Is it difficult to complete a double-major in 4 years?

2

Community and Public health with a concentration in school health as well as Sport Science and Physical Education. #health #public-health #school #phys ed #health ed

2

Christina’s Answer

1

Hello Grace,

My name is Christina and it’s not difficult to complete two majors in a four year period in college. I was doing two majors in a four year course. I was majoring in psychology with a concentration in sociology. My own experience I was working full time, became pregnant, and had some health issues so I had to lighten the load. If you are dedicated, focus, and willing to put in the extra work/study time, I think you should follow your heart. Having two majors broadens your chances in the job market. Best of luck and I hope I was able to help.

1

Jocelyne’s Answer

0
Hi, I agree it's not difficult to do a double major. I double majored in french and criminal justice, with a minor in sociology, and that was after switching from a bio major, chem minor. However, I will say in think it depends largely on the majors. For example, I am sure double majoring in chemistry and engineering is more difficult. I found that I could load up my schedule with french courses, which were very easy to me, and it did not add a lot of stress or work. But if I tried to add a math major, which I am not as good at, it would have been more difficult.

It also depends on if the majors are related, so that a lot of the required courses overlap. For example I could have double majored in sociology and criminal justice easily because so many of the sociology courses were prerequisites for the criminal justice courses. Make sure to check the requirements at your specific college to see if any courses overlap and can count for both majors.
0