How do you prepare for the essay portion of the SAT?

4

Sayrin’s Answer

Read practice questions as well as good sample answers. It helps to see how a "good" essay is structured as well as how they approached the literary analysis. Of course, write out sample essay answers yourself, but I would also try to read through as many practice questions, jot down some points that come to mind that you may write about, and then read over a sample answer to that question to see what others may have written about. I believe that the College Board website has some past essay prompts and sample answers, so make sure to check those out.

0

Christian’s Answer

Hi Jenna, this is a very good question! While it has been several years since I have taken the exam I can remember all of the preparation and hard work that went into getting the best score possible. I stick with the old saying "Practice makes perfect" so practice, practice, practice! I would recommend reviewing previous prompts and creating a outlines as to how you would answer the question. By reviewing questions, creating an outline and receiving feedback on your wiring style will allow you to fully prepare for the big day! Best of luck on the exam! Start strong with your writing, continue strong and end strong.

0

Jerel O.’s Answer

Check out sample SAT writing prompts and practice writing. You can also have someone read over your essay for feedback.

0

Caroline’s Answer

There are several ways depends on your learning style. Index cards, purchase the exam practice guide, or maybe you feel you would do better with a 1on 1 tutor.

0