How can I know if a career is right for me?
I've been bilingual my whole life and I started interpreting for my parents at doctors appointments, but then I started to get interest to cutting hair and hair design stuff, and I don't know which one I really want to do. #life
Right choice can only be made, when we actually step into the shoe. Do the following things to know what is right for you:
1. Take an internship or a volunteer job (In order to know how actually it works when you are in it).
2. Meet people who are in this profession from more than 5 years. Listen to them, their experience and challenges they faced. (In order to know: Are you ready for this?)
*Though challenge differ from people to people but it gives you an idea as a whole how things will be.
3. Read an articles on your fields.
4. Research on the growth opportunity available in it. (Pick which once sounds more iteresting!)
5. You should feel excited towards the field
6. I am sure above points will solve the dilemma otherwise, you can go to the student counselor.
At the end, I would like to say, always do your own research and understand the fields before you take any decision. As, then you will move with confidence and even you can then tell your parents the reason why you want to opt for it.
I hope it helps.
Good luck!#help #career #life
Best of luck