what are employers looking for in this career
1.how do people get advance in this field: by being a hard worker
2.is your job typical of others in this field: worker said she used to work in a deli
3.is there anyone else you would recommend i talk to in this field: worker said to talk to someone in the kitchen
4. what are current job prospects: they need to know how to greet people and to take orders
5.what is a typical day like in your job. you wake up at 4:30 and have to be in the kitchen by 5:00 to cook breakfast#
1. What are employers looking for in employees? Hard workers - correct.
2. deli worker is cooking food in the kitchen and selling take-away foods over the counter - correct.
3. Kitchen worker helps the cook and waiter prepare for service . - correct.
4. Waiter in the restaurant - greeting customers and taking food orders to the kitchen. - correct.
5. Breakfast cook starts early in the morning and completes orders taken by the waiter. - correct
Have you considered applying to be an indentured apprentice chef?
You have a lot of on the job experience and if you become an apprentice you will be sent to a catering college one day a week to learn the theory and practice of cooking and hotel management.
Please speak to your employer and ask to become an indentured apprentice cook/chef?
Good Luck and Best Wishes. You can find me here: https://www.careervillage.org/users/74836/Frank