i got my credential evaluated by CPA by applying for application of intent now i need advise

Asked Rosharon, Texas

I want advise now about the best college to attend to and complete the subjects which i had not done...
#college #career #accounting.

Laura’s Answer

Updated Los Angeles, California

Hi lakshmi, if you have already completed your undergraduate degree, I would suggest looking into local community college courses either in person or online to complete the courses you need to sit for the CPA exam. The state board and your future employer do not necessarily care where you get the additional credits from, just that you obtain them for eligibility to sit for the test. Many schools will advertise that you need your MBA to get these credits, however, you're just as good getting the credits at a community college and will significantly save money.

This professional recommends the following next steps:

Ophelia’s Answer

Updated Los Angeles, California

Hi Lakshmi,

I agree with Laura, community colleges are a great way for you to get any extra credits you need to get your units for your CPA license. I took this route as well and am very happy with the program's affordability and convenience.

Very excited for you to begin your path towards becoming a CPA!