Why do some kids act bad in school

3

Sometimes when I am in school studying, A random person just starts mouthing the teacher and talking back to the teacher. I do not see the reason for this after all they have done for us. Without them we would not be as smart as us kids would be now. That is my question I hope someone answers if they know the answer. #teaching #teacher #education #badkids

3

Karen’s Answer

1

While these kids can be distracting, best if we try not to judge the reasons for their behavior. They may not have had the kind of parents or caregivers that we had when we were little. So they didn't learn to respect others. Some kids have medical issues they may not be aware of which can result in bad behavior.

As a volunteer teacher, I try to make an effort to look for positives in this type of student even something as small as the color of shirt they are wearing to encourage them to think positive or to learn to say thanks. It's easy to reach out to others who are well behaved and treat us well, but a good challenge is to make an effort to make contact with those who irritate us. Also you will never know who is watching your behavior and just might imitate you!

With every good wish!

1

Sheila’s Answer

1

Hello Kailey: This is an AWESOME question. My daughter is a first year High School Math Teacher and I'm answering your question based on what she shares with me about her class on why students act out. . .

#1 - Don't care - they have no interest in being at school or learning

#2 - Unmotivated - this might be because they have no real goals or dreams about doing anything in life at the moment

#3 - Something personal may be going on - this could be things like a boyfriend/girlfriend, home life, etc.

Now this isn't a complete listing of why kids act out in school. There could be many factors that are not made aware of regarding the student for instance, they may be on some kind of medication for whatever reasons, have a learning handicap, etc.

It's great that you respect the teacher and come prepared to learn. You will go far with those qualities. Continue to focus on your work and not get distracted by those students who act out. The teacher will appreciate you for hanging in there. Keep up the good work. :)

Best of Luck to You!

Sheila recommends the following next steps:

• Stay focused on your assignments
  • Listen to the teacher and ask questions
  • Let the teacher know how much you appreciate her/him
1

Ali’s Answer

0

Actually, there may be different reasons for this behavior.

Maybe, they are ignored as students or even as humans and they just want to make their presence obvious to others and the teacher.

They may be less motivated to take part in the class as they realize that this is not for them and they are not into it.

Their individual differences are not be considered and taken into account by the teacher.

The teaching method may not fit their preferences and they find it boring or the subject is less challenging.

Ali recommends the following next steps:

• Give them some responsibility and make them sure they are worthy of attention but in the right way.
  • Make appropriate amendments in the teaching procedure and methodology and include some fun.
  • Work on their personality traits and mentality to improve the vision and make them realize the value of education.
0