Why do some kids act bad in school

5

Sometimes when I am in school studying, A random person just starts mouthing the teacher and talking back to the teacher. I do not see the reason for this after all they have done for us. Without them we would not be as smart as us kids would be now. That is my question I hope someone answers if they know the answer. #teaching #teacher #education #badkids

5

Sheila’s Answer

1

Hello Kailey: This is an AWESOME question. My daughter is a first year High School Math Teacher and I'm answering your question based on what she shares with me about her class on why students act out. . .

#1 - Don't care - they have no interest in being at school or learning

#2 - Unmotivated - this might be because they have no real goals or dreams about doing anything in life at the moment

#3 - Something personal may be going on - this could be things like a boyfriend/girlfriend, home life, etc.

Now this isn't a complete listing of why kids act out in school. There could be many factors that are not made aware of regarding the student for instance, they may be on some kind of medication for whatever reasons, have a learning handicap, etc.

It's great that you respect the teacher and come prepared to learn. You will go far with those qualities. Continue to focus on your work and not get distracted by those students who act out. The teacher will appreciate you for hanging in there. Keep up the good work. :)

Best of Luck to You!

Sheila recommends the following next steps:

• Stay focused on your assignments
  • Listen to the teacher and ask questions
  • Let the teacher know how much you appreciate her/him
1

Karen’s Answer

1

While these kids can be distracting, best if we try not to judge the reasons for their behavior. They may not have had the kind of parents or caregivers that we had when we were little. So they didn't learn to respect others. Some kids have medical issues they may not be aware of which can result in bad behavior.

As a volunteer teacher, I try to make an effort to look for positives in this type of student even something as small as the color of shirt they are wearing to encourage them to think positive or to learn to say thanks. It's easy to reach out to others who are well behaved and treat us well, but a good challenge is to make an effort to make contact with those who irritate us. Also you will never know who is watching your behavior and just might imitate you!

With every good wish!

1

Jason Aaron’s Answer

0
Good morning, Kailey! I am currently in graduate school to get my Masters Degree that leads to Teacher's License. One of the more interesting things I have noticed since working in special education and general education is the alarming number of student behaviors characteristics.
As you know, with the recent string of school shootings in the United States , there was a strong emphasis on educating every one on Mental health awareness. In addition to Mental health, there are characteristics called "Learning disabilities" that I realized are prevalent in general education students as much as they are in special education students.

Learning disabilities are factors that hinders an individual from retaining information, focusing during classroom or lectures, or many other factors that causes an imbalance of emotional behaviors. If I were you I would find the time to read up on Learning disabilities and Mental health awareness in the classroom. Once I become a full-time teacher, I had planned to do educational seminars to make students aware of this. You never know what problem someone may be going through internally until the issue is brought above the surface. I wish you the best.
0

Katelyn’s Answer

0
Hi Kailey, honestly that's a question I asked myself when I went to high school. Just like you, I was a good student and did my work. At first, I didn't get the concept of why my fellow peers at the time would be disrespectful to my teachers. Overtime, I gained somewhat an understanding of why they do what they do.

*They don't see the point of why it's important to learn subjects that they believe won't be useful for their future. One of my classmates did not do his work because he didn't need the credit, and took the class because his friends were in it.\
* They enjoy being the class clown. Maybe they enjoy getting their teacher mad or making other people laugh.
* They're bored. The student might be really smart, and finding entertainment or has no idea what's going on in the class and does not want to admit it

There may be other reasons why a student acts up during class, but just know everyone has a reason of doing something. Keep doing you :)
0

Simi’s Answer

0
All children are born beautiful and innocent. it is the circumstances they face and the experiences they have that make them act in a certain way that they shouldn't. Abusive relationships, unnecessary pressure to scale up to succeed, financial crisis, missing parent, loneliness anything could be a cause. And usually bad behaviour or wrong response to a current situation becomes their way of hiding away the insecurities and fear.

Have you ever tried making friend with such kids...some of them may actually turn out to wonderful friends..and your friendship could actually change them. they may open up to you on what their insecurities are and as a true friend, you can help them come over it and change the pattern in their behaviour. No one is completely bad right...give it a shot:)
0

Ali’s Answer

0

Actually, there may be different reasons for this behavior.

Maybe, they are ignored as students or even as humans and they just want to make their presence obvious to others and the teacher.

They may be less motivated to take part in the class as they realize that this is not for them and they are not into it.

Their individual differences are not be considered and taken into account by the teacher.

The teaching method may not fit their preferences and they find it boring or the subject is less challenging.

Ali recommends the following next steps:

• Give them some responsibility and make them sure they are worthy of attention but in the right way.
  • Make appropriate amendments in the teaching procedure and methodology and include some fun.
  • Work on their personality traits and mentality to improve the vision and make them realize the value of education.
0