How to be a rich and happy adult?

Who do i have to talk too, be close with? How and who should I be as a person to find happiness? #sad

4

Scott’s Answer

Being rich does not make you happy. Having wealth makes you more of what you are. If you are happy, you will be happier. If you are miserable, you will be more miserable. If you are greedy, you will be greedier. If you are generous you will be extremely generous. If you are a jerk, well you get the picture. Now how to be happy, this is a tricky one. Everyone finds happiness in different places. I find happiness in my religion, in my family and being outdoors. Some find happiness in exercise, others in traveling, others in helping others and even some are happiest at work. It may take time to figure this piece out, but life's experiences will guide you in the right direction. I learned a long time ago to get out of my comfort zone and try different experiences. Some you will not like, for me it was eating Sushi... Some you will love, for me it was hiking to the top of a mountain. But if i never tried Sushi or got out of the house and tried hiking I would have never know what made me happy or disgusted... Yeah raw fish, disgusted, just saying. Once you find the things that you enjoy find others that like it to. Finally a lot of people take their passions and make a carrier out of them. Confucius is credited for saying choose a job you love, and you will never have to work a day in your life. You can become wealthy in just about any profession out there if you are the best at what you do and you serve  a lot of people. Just know this, Finding your passion might take time but when you find it you will know it. Good Luck. 

0

Case’s Answer

I agree, being rich does not make you happy. There are unhappy "rich" people and TONS of happy "not rich" people. In addition to the other answer that talked about finding things to make you happy, I'll answer about being "rich". To me, it doesn't matter about the number in your bank account, its about feeling secure financially. To do that, you really need to look at your spending and create a budget. Know how much money you have coming in and how much going out, and where you are spending. With a detailed budget you will know if you are spending too much money on fast food, or entertainment, or other things. If you can make it a habit early on (in your teens) to save a little bit of money every week, it will add up over the years (look up compound interest). Once you get older, keep saving more and more, and then start investing. A little bit of money on a regular basis and starting early on will allow you to live a VERY comfortable and "rich" life when you are older.

Case recommends the following next steps:

make a budget
Save a little bit of money every week (even just a couple dollars)

0

Andrea’s Answer

Honestly, there is no perfect answer to this question. Being rich does not define your happiness, and being happy does not define you as adult. Happiness and wealth are both a journey, and enjoyable in their own ways, and when you make it a destination, just know that you're never going to stop there, there will always be more. It is easier said than done, to be content with what you have. But really, just be a good person, and you will not be needing answers anymore. As an adult, or in fact any phase of life, there are going to be hardships and forks in the road and you will wish for things you don't have at that moment, but these experiences will only help shape the person you choose to become. As long you don't link being rich and happy to each other, you're off to greater things. In an attempt to answer the actual question, you can seek out help from financial advisors on good investments and saving plans to manage your money better. And if you want to be happy, stop chasing after it, and just revel in your being, happiness comes from within.

0