Is there an age I should start studying computer science?

5
5

Pushpa’s Answer

0

From my experience I can tell that that there is no age limit. If you are passionate about Computer Science and want to pursue your career in that field then you should start studying it. Remember it is very important to learn the fundamentals and keep on working on improving your coding skills.

0

Bhavit’s Answer

0

I have a degree in Computer Science and I can tell you there is no real age that is too young or too old to ever start studying. - whether it is Computer Science or anything else. I started at about 10 years of age when I was about 10 by starting with a really old computer and hacking with it.

The number of resources that are available to start learning online are incredible. If you are interested in Salesforce, you can always use our free training resource trailhead.salesforce.com

0

Dean’s Answer

0

There are a lot of transferable skills and side-benefits for studying computer science in addition to the coding itself. Logical thought process , organization, workflows, logic statements, problem solving....it's all included. Computer languages constantly change and rely as much on my early knowledge of structured programming as i do for object oriented techniques. The earlier you start the earlier you can start to build your foundational knowledge of coding with current programming languages and enjoy the many side-benefits that you'll gain from the study.

0

Jennifer’s Answer

0

Hi Mickey - As others have suggested there is no hard and fast rule on the age to start studying computer science. At any age "studying" comes in many forms like play, talking to others, listening and following computer scientists on social media, joining a computer club!

I always think of Steve Jobs and how his parents used to give him things to pull apart to see how they worked for FUN! He was learning about the "science" of things by "playing". Get your hands on an old computer and take it apart.

Good luck and have fun!

Jennifer recommends the following next steps:

• Get your hands on a old computer and take it apart. You can go to thrift stores to find one or ask friends and family if they have one that doesn't work anymore. Look at how its made, put together,
  • Find your computer science super hero's and follow them on social media. These can be specific individuals or computer science schools (i.e. MIT, Harvard or your local community college and university)
0

Danielle’s Answer

0

The sooner the better! Starting early is a great way to develop your skills and assess whether computer science is a field you might be interested in pursuing longer term.

0

Priya’s Answer

0
Starting early would definitely help. Plus you can identify if you really have the passion for it and switch fields early enough depending on your passion.
0