Why did you become a firefighter if you are one?

3
Pros
2
0
Students
1
0

Eric’s Answer

My uncle is a retired Lieutenant. My oldest cousin was the Assistant Chief for the city and my youngest cousin is a Captain. I used to always visit the fire house on my way home from school and was always fascinated with what they told me and what I saw. I tried out for a department in my area, but did not get hired. A few years later I tried again after meeting a fire chief of a neighboring township. They agreed to put me thru the academy in exchange for two years of service on his department. I have been working in some capacity as a firefighter ever since. It is the one job that if I had a chance to do, I always wanted to.
0

Eric’s Answer

0

Thomas’s Answer

To save lives. In addition to being a firefighter I was also a police officer. Every one loves to see the fire department arrive but if it is a police car they want no part of you. Felt good to be liked by the community versus hated.
0