What is a day in the life of a neonatal surgeon like?

Hello! I was just wondering what the hours are like roughly and how flexible the schedule is. Also do you believe it’s possible to still have time for a family when pursuing such a demanding career. What would you say the best thing about the job is? Thank you for your time #medicine #medical-education #doctor #neonatal

3

Sarah’s Answer

When I was a Respiratory Therapist I specialized in the NICU. The neonalogists were very busy, and had almost no semblance of a real schedule due to new births and emergency surgeries. Not to be stereotypical but males could have some family time but the females seemed very taxed to try to raise a family and work. Most females either had no children or at the most one. It's a hardcore medical career where your training never stops. There are many new studies to research and technical classes to keep on the cutting edge. Good luck. I hope this helps in some way.

0

Sachin’s Answer

0