• I love that I have a great degree of control and freedom within my job. I work full-time on a flexible schedule, both in and out-of-office, and my boss trusts me to produce high-quality work and results. I work hard to maintain that level of trust, which keeps me engaged and excited but at the same time, I love that my job enables me to love and enjoy my other passions in life.
• I like the autonomy I have because my bosses allow me to innovate. I also love the people I work with.
• It is always changing, always evolving.
• Love my job because of the culture of the challenge.
• The opportunity to help someone make a positive change in their company or life.
I work in high tech, so I'm not sure if you want answers from all industries. In my case (working for Dell Technologies) I love the ability to work with highly intelligent, motivated engineers in my job as an engineering program manager. My job allows me to work flex-time, or even work from home, some days. If you are interested in answers from people who work in the criminal justice system, take a look at the website "glassdoor.com" which features reviews of companies by people working in various industries. It also lists salary ranges so you can understand what you would be paid. Make an appointment with your local police department to arrange for an informational interview to understand the life of a police officer and why it might be fun for you! good luck! They are seeking employees so you would be getting into a great field.
Teresa recommends the following next steps:
My major is also Criminal Justice. I think when most people hear Criminal Justice they think of a Police Officer. Truth is there are so many different job paths that Criminal Justice majors have. I am a perfect example of that. I work within the insurance industry as a Senior Compliance Associate. Compliance in a very broad term is following guidelines. In my job I also investigate, test and monitor and make suggestions and recommendations to the business. My favorite part of my job is the investigating. I like using data to put different pieces together to fix or make a process better. Best of luck to you!