what do you like the most about your job?

Asked Portland, Maine

Teresa’s Answer

Updated Santa Clara, California

I work in high tech, so I'm not sure if you want answers from all industries.  In my case (working for Dell Technologies) I love the ability to work with highly intelligent, motivated engineers in my job as an engineering program manager.  My job allows me to work flex-time, or even work from home, some days.  If you are interested in answers from people who work in the criminal justice system, take a look at the website "glassdoor.com" which features reviews of companies by people working in various industries.  It also lists salary ranges so you can understand what you would be paid.  Make an appointment with your local police department to arrange for an informational interview to understand the life of a police officer and why it might be fun for you!   good luck!  They are seeking employees so you would be getting into a great field.

Teresa recommends the following next steps:

• Go To glassdoor.com
  • Contact your local police department or district attorney to set up an informational interview