What is a typical day as an RN?

3

Nicole’s Answer

HI Jose! This question is a little bit difficult to answer just because there are so many different types of nurses and for each specialty the duties completed during a typical day will vary greatly. I started out working in surgery and in that type of nursing my shift would typically start at 7am and then be over after the final scheduled surgery of the day was complete. I did direct patient care and also assisted with gathering and setting up supplies for surgery. I then worked in an internal medicine clinic doing telephone triage and that was a set Monday-Friday 9am-5pm shift with some days where I would have to stay later than that depending on the call volume. In my current position working in the insurance field, my schedule is Monday-Friday 10:30am-7pm. For both of the last two positions that I mentioned I spent most of the day on the phone talking to patients and documenting on the computer. One of the things that I like most about nursing is the sheer variety of types of nursing that one can go into so that if you don't like one type of nursing you can try a different type that might be a better fit. Best of luck to you!

0

Sachin’s Answer

Hi Jose!

Thanks for the question. According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, a nurse is often responsible for assisting physicians in administering patient care, providing advice and educating patients on a variety of medical conditions, and giving advice to the patient as well as their family. However, that is only a vague overview of all of the intricate tasks and duties that go into nursing. A nurse workday varies from facility to facility, but in general, many of the same traits are shared.

The below link provides more detailed information: https://www.bestnursingmasters.com/faq/what-is-a-typical-workday-for-a-nurse/

Hope this helps!

0