Are there any physical therapy shadowing opportunities for college students?

4

in or near Newark, NJ #physical-therapy

4

Linda’s Answer

1
In Arizona I have had students reach out to me directly. Where ever a PT works, the company will have a policy and most PT's are happy to share their profession. Reach out to a clinic near your college and or home, you can also contact your local chapter of the American Physical Therapy Association .
1

Grant’s Answer

0

My Cousin is a senior physical therapy consultant however he is in Glasgow Scotland, I have a contact at a hospital in Boston MA, if you would be ok with going there for a visit? I can ask them about physical therapy shadowing and short internships and will do my best to update on here, Boston really is a nice city and you're not far away, a few hours on the train or even quicker to fly to Boston Logan..

There's lots to see and do there and the people are nice,the food is great too (am sure you've been already, I stayed there for a while myself)

Grant

0

Martha’s Answer

0
There are lots of opportunities for college students to shadow physical therapists. This is a regular occurrence and is usually welcome by facilities and therapists. You should get in touch with the CCCE (center coordinator for clinical education) at a physical therapy facility that you are interested in.
0

Isaac’s Answer

0
Hospitals are always looking for rehab techs to assist Physical Therapist throughout the day
0

Joshua’s Answer

0
Hi Nii!

Students like yourselves usually need to take the initiative to find shadowing opportunities.
Just go to a local office or to an office of someone you know, or even your MD to ask him, her.
Say something like you are considering a career in PT , and wants to see what qualities are called for,and that you would greatly appreciate having the opportunity to shadow one of their PTs.
0