A good career is ultimately a career that motivates you, brings you satisfaction and provides you with the money and resources you need. Therefore, as a "good" career is very subjective and personal, I'll give you a couple tips to identify what a good career would be for you:
- Find out what sector or industry is appealing to you. How? By thinking about what makes you happy, what interests you, or about people and role models that you look up to.
- What skills do you have, and which ones would you like to have one day? A good career should allow you to develop the skills you want for your future self.
- How would you describe yourself and your personality? Think about whether you want a very fast-paced unpredictable job, interacting with many people on a day to day, or if you instead would prefer a more predictable and less "risky" position, more individualistic in nature.
This is the best possible start to quickly identify a couple careers that could one day be your future ones! There's no correct answer, and you will be the one to find a career that fits you like a glove.
Alvaro recommends the following next steps:
- What sector or industry is appealing to you?
- What skills do you want to develop?
- How would you describe yourself, and how does that tie to your future job?