What are three informational interview questions you will ask?

Asked Minot, North Dakota

Nija’s Answer

Updated New York, New York

Hi Terell,

This is a great question that you are asking pertaining to informational interviews. When you are conducting an informational interview, you can ask the following questions to gain further insight from someone who is in your desired field. The questions are listed below:

1) What are your main responsibilities in your role?

2) What is a typical day like for you in your position?

3) What do you like most about your role?

4) What are some of the challenges that you face in your position?

5) How did you become interested in this field?

6) What steps would you recommend I take to prepare to enter this field?

7) Can you suggest anyone else I could contact for additional information?

8) Can I continue to stay in contac if.I have other questions?

I know that you requested for exactly three questions but sometimes you may want to ask more questions in order for you to obtain more information that will help you obtain a position in your desired career. I hope this helps you! Good luck to you!

Nija recommends the following next steps:

• Conduct a lot of informational interviews with different professionals in your desired field.
  • Network with professionals in your desired field.
  • You can refer to the website: https://www.topresume.com/career-advice/the-8-best-questions-to-ask-in-an-informational-interview
  • Also, you can do a google search and type informational interview.
  • Go to youtube to see sample informational interviews.

Seeja’s Answer

Updated San Ramon, California

I will probably want to know

1) Whats your academic and professional background ?

This will help me get a quick understanding of who you are and what you bring to the table

2) Whats are some of your professional accomplishments that you want to me know ?

This will help you market yourself and chance to showcase your skills

3) Give me an example of a challenging project you worked on what did you do to make it successful?

This will help with showcasing how you turned around a challenging situation with your skills.

Make sure you have a rehearsed and planned ahead, your answers should be short and to the point, too long winded answers may make the interviewer loose attention. also ensure that it is relevant.