This is a great question that you are asking pertaining to informational interviews. When you are conducting an informational interview, you can ask the following questions to gain further insight from someone who is in your desired field. The questions are listed below:
1) What are your main responsibilities in your role?
2) What is a typical day like for you in your position?
3) What do you like most about your role?
4) What are some of the challenges that you face in your position?
5) How did you become interested in this field?
6) What steps would you recommend I take to prepare to enter this field?
7) Can you suggest anyone else I could contact for additional information?
8) Can I continue to stay in contac if.I have other questions?
I hope this helps you! Good luck to you!
Nija recommends the following next steps:
- Conduct a lot of informational interviews with different professionals in your desired field.
- Network with professionals in your desired field.
- You can refer to the website: https://www.topresume.com/career-advice/the-8-best-questions-to-ask-in-an-informational-interview