Is welding a career that can pay off?

I am currently studying to achieve my welding certification and would like to pursue a profitable career and overall a successful life. #welding

4

jason’s Answer

School time and on the job experience is the best way to get the best pay. Seek out union shops and apprenticeships. They are how I started out in my welding and fabrication career. Pay attention to your elders and the ones that stand out. I have never gotten anywhere near being rich but have lived a comfortable life style and remained employed even in the economic downturn times. Make yourself needed and you will be rewarded.

0

Dallas’s Answer

Ive been in the industry for 12+ years, it rewards skill, hard work and efficiency. I received on the job training, I was paid to learn a skilled trade. I make as much as some peers and even more that other peers that attended college. I had no college debt and have a nice 401k now, health benefits etc.

If YOU want to make money in this industry it’s very possible

0

Christopher’s Answer

It most definitely can pay off!!!!! This is the case whether you choose to go union or non union. Welding is a very lucrative career. You are paid for the dangers as well as being paid for your knowledge and ability to weld and what forms of welding you know and are proficient in

0

Nicholas’s Answer

It's definitely possible and it's a good profession, but it is a demanding field that requires a lot of focus and practice. It's a great skill to have, but if you're thinking "I'll be a millionaire by the time I'm 30"... I'd set the expectations a touch lower. Not that it's impossible, but it is difficult. Here's an article I read recently:

https://www.theatlantic.com/education/archive/2019/09/welding-doesnt-pay-as-well-as-republicans-think/597733/

0