What are some challenges when working in Physical Therapist

6

Ajay’s Answer

Biggest Challenges Faced by Physical Therapists

Educational Costs. Physical Therapists are not alone in this challenge, yet it is important to note that young PTs are finishing a minimum of six years of college with burdensome student loans from the high costs of education. ...
Stress. ...
Patient Obesity. ...
Healthcare Legislation. ...
Keeping Fit.

1

Dolly’s Answer

Some challenges within the practice of physical therapy include treating patients who can be difficult to work due to mental status (dementia, Alzheimer's, brain trauma, etc), pain and personality differences. People who have pain are often fearful to fully participate as they do not want to exacerbate their pain. You have to be able to read people and their personalities quickly to establish good rapport and gain their trust so they will follow your treatment plan and be motivated to participate.

0

Caroline’s Answer

I agree with all of these responses. Something I didn't really expect that came as a challenge for me in PT was that it is very physically taxing. I thought I would want that in a job because I have always valued exercise, but I didn't realize how tiring that could be. As a PT, you really learn that you have to keep up good nutrition and body care.

Also, each specialty comes with its own set of issues. When you get experience in clinic, you will find that some populations resonate with you more than others. Keep an open mind. I learned the most from the experiences I thought were most useless. The broader your skill set, the better it will be for you, and less likely for you to burn out!

0

Dolly’s Answer

0