I plan on becoming a pediatrician but i'm worries it will be too hard and take too long.

Asked Houston, Texas

I am going to work hard for a scholarship. I am hoping it would cover all expenses for school. Would it? I don't know if it will be too much for me. #doctor #health

Nancy’s Answer

Kamrynn, it is a long, hard road to earn a medical degree, but that doesn't mean it's not worth pursuing. Take science, math, and English in high school. In college, make sure you fulfill the requirements for applying to medical school for whatever major you are in. If you decide in college you don't want to keep moving forward for a doctoral degree, there are lots of other healthcare jobs relating to working with children. I decided to stop after my master's degree to work instead of pursuing my doctoral degree, because at the time it was the best choice. Enjoy yourself in between learning how to study hard!

Nancy recommends the following next steps:

• Check out this link from the Association of American Medical Colleges: https://students-residents.aamc.org/applying-medical-school/applying-medical-school-process/
  • Investigate allied health careers